AVCAL Research Prizes 2013-14
The Australian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL) is pleased to again invite submissions for two research prizes in 2013.
The aim of this programme is to encourage the development of high-quality research on issues of importance and relevance to the Private Equity and Venture Capital industry in Australia, and to increase knowledge and understanding of the industry through the publication of pertinent articles in the scholarly press. Submissions are invited from academia and industry participants for these prizes.
The prizes are:
- AVCAL Private Equity Research Prize: A$2,500 will be awarded for the best paper on private equity
- AVCAL Venture Capital Research Prize: A$2,500 will be awarded for the best paper on venture capital
AVCAL reserves the right not to award either or both prizes if the above criteria are not met. Outstanding submissions which are relevant to both private equity and venture capital may be awarded a prize at the judges’ discretion.
Academia (e.g. university/research staff in Australia and overseas, MBA and postgraduate students) and financial industry practitioners.
The research must present new and useful insights into Private Equity or Venture Capital with relevance to Australia, display a high level of scholarship on matters of practical relevance to the industry, be empirically robust and of publishable quality. This includes empirical studies on the economic effects of Private Equity or Venture Capital investment, case studies, or other relevant topics from the perspectives of the investee companies, General Partners or Limited Partners. Possible topics may include (but are not restricted to):
- The effects of private equity or venture capital ownership on growth and innovation in investee companies
- The impact of public policies on venture capital financing and commercialisation
- Governance practices, lessons and implications for private equity-owned companies
- The contribution of private equity and venture capital investments to superannuation fund performances
Entries close at 5pm (EST) on Friday 6th December 2013 and will be judged by a panel selected by AVCAL.
- All entries must be typed, double spaced and follow a commonly accepted academic style guide.
- They may be submitted in either Word or pdf format.
- Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the title “Submission for 2013-14 AVCAL Research Prize”. Please indicate whether the submission is for the Private Equity or Venture Capital research prize.
For further inquiries please contact Dr Kar Mei Tang at the email address above.