Advent Private Capital
Who we are
Advent Private Capital is a national, mid-market private equity group based in Melbourne with over AUD $600 million in funds under management.
Advent’s long and successful track record has been based on successfully partnering with business owners and management teams to build market-leading businesses that deliver consistent, sustainable value for shareholders. We are focused on partnering with passionate and motivated management teams with exceptional growth plans. We provide active strategic guidance and assistance with strong commercial acumen.
One of Australia's most experienced private equity fund managers, Advent has invested successfully in the sector since 1984 and is Australia’s oldest continuously operating Private Equity Manager. Advent is an independent fund manager owned by the executive team, who together have over 90 years’ collective experience in building substantial value in companies across many industries and economic cycles.
Landmark past investments include:
- Genesis Care: Australia’s largest private network of premium cardiology and radiation oncology practices;
- Locker: a market leader in Australia and Asia in metals manufacturing;
- Securepay: a market leading payment gateway and ecommerce provider;
- SCADA Group: a leading global provider of SCADA systems and products to the water, oil and gas industries;
- Primary Healthcare: one of Australia's largest medical service providers;
- Cochlear: market leader in bionic ear technologies;
- Vision Systems: the global leader in laser airborne depth sounder;
- Taverner Hotel Group: one of Australia’s largest hotel and gaming groups; and
- ACIL: a market leader in foreign aid project management.
Advent's current portfolio of investments including Lake Imaging, Gourmet Garden, Integrated Packaging Group, ISIS, Trivantage, TR (Tech Rentals), UGM (Underground Mining Solutions) and Orionstone demonstrate Advent's continued focus on leading Australian mid-market businesses with excellent management teams.
Advent is interested in profitable, middle market private companies with enterprise values from $40 million up to $150 million. Advent’s partnership approach includes taking both majority (>50% shareholding) or minority (30-50% shareholding) positions.