Advent Private Capital
T: 61 3 9690 9566
|….building market leaders|
Who we are
Advent Private Capital is a Melbourne based mid-market private equity group with over AUD$600 million in committed capital. Advent hasa long and successful track record in building market leading businesses. We are focused on partnering with passionate and motivated management teams with exceptional growth plans. We provide active strategic guidance and assistance with strong commercial acumen.
One of Australia's most experienced private equity fund managers; Advent has invested successfully in the sector since 1984 and is Australia’s oldest continuously operating Private Equity Manager. Collectively, the Advent team has more than 90 years of Private Equity investment experience.
In total Advent has invested in over 90 businesses over a full range of economic conditions and portfolio cycles, helping management teams create value and build market leading companies.
Landmark past investments include:
• Genesis Care: Australia’s largest private network of premium cardiology (HeartCare) and radiation oncology practices (CancerCare)
• Locker: the market leader in Australia and Asia in metals manufacturing
• Securepay: a market leader in electronic commerce
• SCADA Group: leading global provider of systems and SCADA products to the water, oil and gas industries
• Primary Healthcare: Australia's largest medical service providers;
• Cochlear: market leader in bionic ear technologies;
• Vision Systems: the global leader in laser airborne depth sounder;
• Taverner Hotel Group: Australia’s largest hotel and gaming group;
• Sleepmaster: the market leader in the manufacture of bedroom products; and
• ACIL: a market leader in foreign aid project management.
Advent's current portfolio of investments including – Integrated Packaging Group, ISIS, Trivantage, TR (Tech Rentals), UGM (Underground Mining Solutions) and Orionstone - demonstrate Advent's continued focus on leading Australian mid-market businesses with excellent management teams.
Advent is interested in profitable, middle market private companies with enterprise values from $50 million up to $200 million. Advent’s approach draws on a strong, equal partnership with management and is experienced in taking majority or minority (min 30%) shareholdings.