AVCAL award recipients 2014
The recipients of the 2014 AVCAL Awards were announced at AVCAL's annual alpha conference on Thursday 4 September.
Portfolio Company Awards
In recognition of vision, achievement, and entrepreneurship and outstanding returns for an exit in the 2013-2014 financial year, the award recipients are:
- Best Early Stage Award - Brandon Capital for Fibrotech.
- Best Management Buyout under $75 million - Anchorage Capital Partners for Dick Smith.
- Best Management Buyout between $75-150 million - Crescent Capital Partners for Cover-More.
- Best Management Buyout between $150-300 million - Quadrant Private Equity for Burson Auto Parts.
- Best Management Buyout between over $500 million - Pacific Equity Partners for Asaleo Care.
Michael Hirshorn Award
The Michael Hirshorn Award, honouring a private equity or venture capital-backed business whose products or services have been instrumental in making a significant community contribution, was awarded to Global Renewables and Ironbridge.
A special Chairman’s Award was presented to Anacacia Capital in recognition of their investment in the Rafferty's Garden business.
Author: Dr Kar Mei Tang, Head of Policy and Research, AVCAL