As an AVCAL member, you are one of around 300 member organisations benefiting from representation by a single industry voice, access to broad networking opportunities and access to important industry data and research.
Specific membership benefits are as follows:
- Invites to attend AVCAL networking and professional development programs and events including the annual alpha conference, at preferential member pricing
- Access to member-only special reports and information via your online user profile
- Access to key industry research and statistics
- Opportunity to join the Partners' Program to expand your brand, networking and access to resources
- Option to use the AVCAL logo on your website to promote the link between your organisation and ours (excludes individual members)
- Representation by a body that is committed to developing best-practice policies and standards to meet members’ needs.
With the support of its members, AVCAL is able to continue advancing the interests of the private equity and venture capital industry. The major achievements in 2012 are listed below.
Advocacy & research
- AVCAL made seven submissions in 2012, with progress tracked through the Member Policy Portal
- Successfully lobbied the Government to include an additional $40m in the final tranche of the current IIF round, bringing the fund to $100m.
- Ran a successful education program in Canberra for Government advisors, Treasury and DIISRTE.
- Commissioned a study on the economic impact of PE on the Australian economy.
- Partnered with DIISRTE to commission a study on the economic impact of VC in Australia.
- Continued negotiations with Canberra on MIT implementation.
- Delivered five media round tables involving fund managers from the entire PE/VC spectrum, and media outlets including the Australian, the Australian Financial Review, various newswires and the Financial Standard.
- Delivered 11 research reports on performance benchmarking, industry statistics, deal metrics, M&A trends and fact sheets.
- Created a new online Research Library to provide AVCAL members with a one-stop centre for accessing current international research on PE and VC.
- Awarded two AVCAL Research Prizes to encourage research on Australian PE and VC.
- Ran our 19th successful conference event in 2011 – 461 delegates, 96% satisfaction and 97% would promote to others.
- Held over 30 national events, attended by more than 1,300 people. These events had over 100 speakers and were supported by 34 corporate partners.
- Delivered a more structured approach to PD with many new programs including doing the PE deal, warranties and indemnities, due diligence, fund raising and PE Bank Finance. The successful PE101 course continues to run.
- Developed a new member portal with improved event registration and professional development tracking.
- Established a philanthropy connection with Future Direction Network, a not-for-profit organisation that aims to support and encourage children from poorer areas of Sydney to go to university by mentoring and providing scholarships.
Managing your account
The header on each page of this site has a login section for you to access your membership account, update your details and reset your password.
What you can do when logged onto your account:
- check your membership type, status and expiry date
- update your details including your password
- update your company profile (if you have been assigned admin rights)
- add and remove member contacts
- renew membership
- check what events you have registered for
- check what events you have attended
- keep track of your professional development summary
- review and/or re-print your tax invoices.
If you need to discuss any of the above, please email Member Services for assistance.