Become a member
AVCAL is the peak national body representing the interests of the private equity and venture capital industries in Australia.
By becoming an AVCAL member, you will join one of around 300 member organisations benefiting from representation by a single industry voice, access to broad networking opportunities and access to important industry data and research.
Specific membership benefits are as follows:
- Invites to attend AVCAL networking and professional development programs and events including the annual alpha conference, at preferential member pricing
- Access to member-only special reports and information via your online user profile
- Access to key industry research and statistics
- Opportunity to join the Partners' Program to expand your brand, networking and access to resources
- Option to use the AVCAL logo on your website to promote the link between your organisation and ours (excludes individual members)
- Representation by a body that is committed to developing best-practice policies and standards to meet members’ needs.
"We value our firm's AVCAL membership because it enables us to plug directly into the industry, network, keep up to date about ongoing and emerging issues and trends, access research and statistics and to promote ourselves among our peers." AVCAL Member, Member Satisfaction Survey.
Obligations of membership
By becoming a member of AVCAL, you agree to:
- uphold the AVCAL Constitution
- uphold the AVCAL Code of Conduct
- abide by the Code of Private Equity Governance (if applicable)
- to the AVCAL Valuation Guidelines
- the AVCAL Reporting Guidelines
- support and contribute to any data collection exercise facilitated by AVCAL
- agree to the terms and conditions of membership, Partners' Program, conference and event attendance
- consider implementing the ESG initiatives outlined in the UNPRI's Principles for Responsible Investment.
- Fees are calculated on the financial year 1 July - 30 June
- Membership fees must be paid up in full to receive access to member benefits including conference
- All fees quoted include GST and are quoted in Australian dollars
- Pro-rata membership is available
|Membership Type||Conference Delegates*||12/13|
|All applications are subject to approval|
This is reserved for genuine individuals who wish to maintain an interest in VC and PE. This allows access to members only networking and professional development but does not give corporate exposure of any kind.
Membership is not transferrable and only allows one registration for annual conference.
High networth individuals (or groups) who invest in unlisted Australian and New Zealand companies.
Organisations that provide assistance to entrepreneurs who wish to establish a business.
|Not-for-profit Superannuation Funds||Unlimited including X1 complimentary ticket||500|
Institutional Investor (including Fund of fund)
Provide capital to PE & VC managers.
Government (including research and educational institution)
Government departments or teaching/research institutions.
Typically one office, usually a small team of up to two people dedicated to service provision to VC and PE.
Can send up to two paying delegates to annual conference.
Typically has more than one office nationally and/or global offices.
Can send up to eight paying delegates to annual conference.
Investor members (FUM)
Manage more than $15 million, as principal, or agent, and invest primarily in unlisted Australian & New Zealand Companies.
*This allows the membership to send the allowable number of paying delegates to AVCAL Conference. Membership does not include conference registration.
Two easy steps to apply for membership
- Apply via our online application form below
- Once you’ve received your approval by email you will then be able to login to complete your detailed profile and access the payment gateway to finalise your membership.
Your benefits will commence once the payment has been finalised.